IPL 2022 Playoffs Schedule and Who will Qualify for IPL 2022 Finals? The playoff matches of IPL 2022 have been confirmed after the 69th match of the tournament which has been played between Mumbai Indians and Delhi capitals on May 21. It is confirmed that the first qualifier will be played on May 24 and the eliminator match of the IPL 2022 will playoff on May 25, 2022, at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata. The second qualifier match will be played on May 27 and the final of the IPL 2022 will be played on 29 May 2022 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. The top four teams on the IPL points table will enter the playoffs round.
The playoffs round will decide the winning team of the tournament. These four teams play one eliminator match and two qualifier matches which will decide the two teams that will be played in the finals. Gujarat Titans are in the first position in the IPL points table and they have gained 20 points. Gujarat Titans played 13 matches and won 10 matches. Mumbai Indians are the first team that has been eliminated from IPL 2022. They won only three matches out of 12 and scored 6 points. After Gujarat Titans Lucknow Super Giants also qualified for IPL playoffs with 18 points.
Kolkata Knight Riders gained 12 points. Punjab Kings score also 12 points. Sunrisers Hyderabad also scored 12 points. Chennai Super Kings gained 8 points in IPL 2022 and all these teams are eliminated from IPL 2022 playoffs. Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore have high chances of being qualified for the IPL 2022 playoffs.
IPL 2022 Playoffs Schedule:
The schedule of the playoff matches of IPL 2022 has been announced. Following are the details of the IPL 2022 playoffs schedule.
- May 24: Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals. Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Time:7:30 pm. Qualifier 1
- May 26: Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore. Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Time:7:30 pm. Eliminator
- May 27: TBC vs TBC. Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad. Time:7:30 pm. Qualifier 2
- May 29: TBC vs TBC. Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad. Time:8:00 pm. Final
The first qualifier in Kolkata will be played between Gujarat Titans and Rajasthan Royals. Gujarat Titans were the first team to qualify for the playoff and stand in the first position on the points table. Lucknow Super Giants were the second team to qualify for the playoffs with 18 points. Rajasthan Royals is on the third which is qualified for the playoff of IPL 2022. They have also 18 points but they have a better net run rate than Lucknow Super Giants. So they stand in the 2nd position in the points table of IPL 2022. This match will be played at Eden Gardens.
Gujarat Titans have won 10 matches in the tournament while Rajasthan Royals have won 9 matches. They both will face each other in the first qualifier match. The winner of this match will go directly to the finals which will be played on May 29. The loser of this match will face the winner of the eliminator match on May 27, 2022.
Lucknow Super Giants:
Lucknow Super Giants will play with Royal Challengers Bangalore in the eliminator on May 25, 2022. The loser of this match will be eliminated from the tournament while the winner of this match will face the loser of qualifier 1. The winners of the first and second qualifiers will face each other in the finals of the IPL 2022 on May 29, 2022.
IPL 2022 Playoffs Rules:
The playoffs consist of two qualifiers match and one eliminator. Qualifier 1 will be played first, followed by the eliminator, and then qualifier 2.
- Qualifier 1: The top two teams in the points table will face each other in Qualifier 1. The winning team in this match will be moved to the finals. The loser of Qualifier 1 has another chance to qualify for the finals in Qualifier 2.
- Eliminator: The eliminator match will be played between the teams who are in the 3rd and 4th position on the scorecard. The loser of this match will be kicked out of the tournament and the winner will face the loser of qualifier 1 in qualifier 2.
- Qualifier 2: Qualifier 2 will be played between the winner of the eliminator and the loser of Qualifier 1. The winner of this match will go to the finals facing the winner of Qualifier 1.
- Final: The final match will be played between the winners of Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2.
FAQs Related To IPL 2022:
Q1. How many matches are there in IPL 2022?
Ans. BCCI has confirmed that in IPL 2022, a total of 70 league matches will be played and 4 playoffs match in 65 days.
Q2. When are the IPL 2022 playoffs?
Ans. The playoffs of IPL 2022 will start on 24th May and will end on 27th May 2022. The final will be played on 29 May 2022. The first match of the playoffs is Qualifier 1 and will be played at Eden Gardens.
Q3. Will the net run rate play a role in the IPL player of 2022?
Ans. The net run rate plays a very important role. The net run rates will decide the teams for IPL 2022 playoffs.
Q4. When is the final match of IPL 2022?
Ans. The final match of IPL 2022 will be played on May 29, 2022.