Here is the detail of Kensington Oval Stadium Venue for T20 World Cup 2024. Kensington Oval Stadium is also known as The Oval Stadium. This stadium is located in Bridgetown, Barbados. The stadium was established in 1871. It is considered the home ground for the Barbados Tridents. A lot of test matches, ODI and T20 International matches have been played here. Both Men’s International matches and women’s International matches have been hosted by this stadium. The pitch conditions here are also very accurate for the players.
It has a capacity of holding 28,000 spectators In it. It is designed with all modern features and has a great area to occupy spectators in it. The stadium is filled with floodlights. Many day and night matches have been held here. A total of 16 flood lights are present in this stadium to provide a clear view of the pitch and the complete ground to all the spectators.
Kensington Oval Stadium Venue for T20 World Cup 2024:
There are a total of 2 stands that are present in this Kensington Oval stadium. The ticket pricing of different stands varies based on the provision of facilities. People can buy tickets for any stand depending on their ease. Here the spectators can choose the tickets for any stand according to their feasibility.
You can buy the tickets for the upcoming Men’s T20 World Cup 2024 for the following stands for you and your family. The stands are made with modern features. The architecture of the entire stadium is unique and the stadium is also very spacious.
Following are the two ends that will be available for all the spectators in the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024:
- Malcolm Marshall End
- Joel Garner End
Kensington Oval Stadium Matches Stats:
Kensington Oval cricket stadium is located in Bridgetown Barbados. It has hosted many international cricket tournaments. Following are the records and statistics of Kensington Oval cricket stadium which is located in Barbados.
Test Matches Statistics:
- If we talk about the test matches which were played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium, the first match in test format in Kensington Oval cricket stadium was played between England versus West Indies from January 11, 1930, to January 16, 1930. It was a 5-day test match and a very thrilling match also. Kensington Oval Cricket Stadium is capable of conducting test matches. The first match played between England versus West Indies in Kensington Oval cricket stadium was very exciting in test cricket history.
- If we talk about the last test match played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium, was played between England and West Indies from March 16, 2022, till March 20, 2022. It was also a complete five-day match. Also since 16 March 2022, no other match in test format was played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium.
ODI Matches Statistics:
- The first ODI was played between the West Indies and New Zealand on April 23, 1985, in Kensington Oval cricket stadium. Kensington Oval cricket stadium also conducts ODI matches and all the matches which are conducted in one day format in this Kensington Oval cricket stadium are International matches as well. When West Indies and New Zealand were facing each other, there was a lot of population in Kensington Oval Cricket Stadium who was watching the match with full enthusiasm. It is because this stadium is very attractive and everyone wants to play in this stadium.
- The latest match In the ODI format was played between India and West Indies on July 29, 2023, in Kensington Oval cricket stadium. This match was also very thrilling and from July till now no other match was played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium in the ODI format.
- In 2024, the matches of the T20 World Cup will be played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium.
T20I Matches Statistics:
If we move on to T20 International matches which were played in Kensington Oval cricket stadium.
- In the first match of the T20 format which is conducted in Kensington Oval cricket stadium, Australia and West Indies were playing against each other on June 20, 2008. This match was very interesting and amazing because this match was conducted between the two top teams in the world. The pitch and the stadium were also really amazing.
- The latest match of T20 International was played on January 30, 2022, between West Indies and England. This match was recently played in the previous year. In this match, West Indies was going to England for the series and they played the T20 match of the series in Kensington Oval cricket stadium. This T20 match was very amazing and interesting because West Indies and England were facing each other in the most famous stadium in the world. This match was played on January 30, 2022, in which a lot of the audience was on the ground and they all were cheering for their teams.
Kensington Oval Cricket Stadium is also selected as the venue for the upcoming T20 World Cup 2024 matches. It will be a great host in terms of both the space and viewability. The spectators can have a lot of fun while watching matches from this stadium. It has a great pitch for the players as well.